Adult & Graduate Studies
We Seek to Train Dedicated Teachers
Special education is a field that requires extra dedication. For you to teach children who have unique, delicate, and sometimes conflicting needs, you must be prepared with a wide array of techniques and plans. Greenville offers two levels of special education training for you:
- 33-credit-hour online program.
- Renew and strengthen your understanding of special education and broaden your qualifications as a professional working with students with disabilities.
- Complete field experience to meet Illinois State Board of Education requirements.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree. Current licensed teachers may be eligible to complete the program in as little as 18 months.
- Four courses (while most coursework is available online, limited face-to-face courses and field experience are required and are offered at the Centralia, Greenville, Godfrey, and Lincoln locations).
- Graduates qualify for Learning Behavior Specialist (LBS1) endorsement from the Illinois State Board of Education.
- You can become state qualified to teach exceptional children in as little as nine weeks.
To learn more about any of Greenville’s online degrees, please complete the form on the right. We’ll be in touch soon to further discuss your academic goals.
To learn more about any of Greenville’s online degrees, please complete the form above. We’ll be in touch soon to further discuss your academic goals.