Adult & Graduate Studies
Master of Arts in Education
Teachers Must Also Be Learners
To advance your teaching career and become a faculty leader, you must be a student yourself—learning new techniques, trends, and tools to help your pupils thrive. We’re educators ourselves, so we understand your goals and also the obstacles you face.
Are you ready to move toward your goals and leap over those obstacles? If so, Greenville is ready to be your partner in the journey. Fill out the form to the left to get started!
Our MA degrees are tailored to four career paths:
- 30-credit-hour online program.
- Study curricular design, assessment of learning, managing change in an educational setting, literacy in today’s society, and managing educational technology.
- Teaching certificate not required; program is open to non-traditional education fields, such as corporate training.
- 31-credit-hour online program.
- Learn to teach English to individuals who primarily speak another language.
- Prepare to interact with a culturally and linguistically diverse student population.
- Complete 100 hours of field experience to meet the Illinois State Board of Education requirement for ESL approval/endorsement.
- Stand-alone ESL Endorsement also available: View program details.
- Designed for athletic coaches of all levels - full-time coaches, teachers, volunteer/ youth instructors. All background welcome! Teaching certificate/ education background not required for acceptance.
- 33-credit-hour online program.
- Emphasizes performance, philosophy, and leadership.
- Coursework includes studying performance techniques, utilizing management strategies, conducting efficient practice sessions, and integrating faith in your coaching.
- Applicants must be an active coach (employed or volunteer) with at least one year of experience; a bachelor’s degree is also required.
- 33-credit-hour hybrid program. Online foundational courses are offered year-round, with hybrid capstone courses meeting during the summer at the Centralia, Godfrey, Greenville, and Lincoln locations.
- Renew and strengthen your understanding of special education and broaden your qualifications as a professional working with students with disabilities.
- Complete field experience to meet Illinois State Board of Education requirements.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree, and current licensed teachers may be eligible to complete the program in as little as 18 months.
- Stand-alone Special Education Endorsement also available: View program details.
In addition, we offer a Master of Arts in Teaching. Learn more.
- Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission & highly rated by the Illinois State Board of Education.
- Self-paced: There are no requirements to login at specific times or attend scheduled online discussions.
- Eight-week blocks: Take as many as four courses each semester based on your availability.
- Taught by experienced professors who are responsive and available to help you throughout the program.
- Extremely competitive tuition rate that has no technology fees.
To learn more about any of Greenville’s online degrees, please complete the form on the right. We’ll be in touch soon to further discuss your academic goals.
To learn more about any of Greenville’s online degrees, please complete the form above. We’ll be in touch soon to further discuss your academic goals.